[Python-legal-sig] Export Python software

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Sep 13 18:12:12 CEST 2013

Good afternoon,

I am sorry, but we cannot provide legal advice on this matter.

This is the information we have on the topic of export rules, but
it is somewhat outdated with respect to the US export laws:

https://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonSoftwareFoundationLicenseFaq#Is_Python_subject_to_export_laws.3F

Python 2.7.5 source code only contains hashing algorithms, no encryption
algorithms. It does contain wrapper code that allows using OpenSSL,
if available.

The Windows installers we ship also include the OpenSSL libraries,
which includes hashes and ciphers among other things.

Regards,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Sep 13 2013)
2013-09-11: Released eGenix PyRun 1.3.0 ...       http://egenix.com/go49
2013-09-04: Released eGenix pyOpenSSL 0.13.2 ...  http://egenix.com/go48
2013-09-20: PyCon UK 2013, Coventry, UK ...                 7 days to go

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/