GUI other than Tkinter

Kevin Dahlhausen morse at harborcom.net
Tue Apr 27 08:22:45 EDT 1999

claird at Starbase.NeoSoft.COM (Cameron Laird) wrote:
	.
>>> <URL:http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/comp.lang.python/python_GUI.html>
>>
>>I appreciate this useful list.

>>Also ... I noticed a refernce to `fltk' on this list, and I downloaded
>>and built it.  However, I don't notice any Python support as part of
>>this distribution, and I'm wondering why `fltk' is on this "Python GUI"
>>list.  Is there somewhere else where a Python interface to `fltk'
>>might exist?
>I've sent a copy of your question to a couple
>of people likely to know more.

We are working on it - and perl support too.   While FLTK doesn't play games
with the preprocessor,  it does use a lot of function overloading.   Bjorn
Petterson contributed a python idiom to allow overloaded functions.   It's about
2/3 of the way completed - at least for an open alpha release.  I've got a
handfull of the  fltk test programs implemented in Python.  In a few weeks,
we'll be asking for people to help test the wrappers.