'import exceptions' failed

Jussi Jumppanen xidicone at iname.com
Mon Apr 19 07:22:41 EDT 1999

I have compiled the python source into a Windows DLL and using
this DLL I have embedd python into and windows text editor. Now
when I run the following macro script:

  import editor_functions

  def key_macro():
     print "this is a macro.";

  key_macro() # run the macro

the macro runs fine and produces the expected ouput in the
text editor, but I also get the following messages sent to
stderr:

 'import exceptions' failed; use -v for traceback
 defaulting to old style exceptions

To run the macro it is saved to file and is run using the
python API:

  PyRun_SimpleFile

My question is have I missed something? What setup changes do I
need to do to remove this error or how do I simulate -v using
the Python API C functions so that this error is not generated?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers Jussi Jumppanen