Crappy Software was Re: [OffTopic: Netscape] Re: How should Python be evangelized?

Samuel A. Falvo II kc5tja at bigfoot.com
Mon Apr 5 15:15:17 EDT 1999

>Er, that'd be the same Netscape that has such broken CSS that it is
>absolutely unuseable?

While I understand that Netscape's CSS implementation is not the best, I
have to take an opposing view as to it not being usable.  Netscape's CSS is
more than adequate for the vast majority of the web sites out there.  They
provide my web sites with a good, professional appearance under both
Netscape and MSIE.

>Myself, I prefer Opera; at least it meets standards.  MSIE runs a close
>second these days.  Netscape is horrendously buggy.

And Mozilla will decimate MSIE.  The trick, of course, is them actually
releasing it as a finished product.  :-)

However, when I actually see Opera for Linux, I'll be sure to give it a
shot.  I've used Opera for Windows, and was only mildly impressed.  It was a
blazingly fast web browser, but it didn't have the feature set that MSIE had
at the time.  A lot has changed since then, I know -- which is why I'm
willing to give it another shot.

As a matter of fact, I'll go an download the latest release right now...
:-)

(I'll be REALLY happy when they port Opera to AmigaOS 5.)