Kudos to documentors: (popen2)

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Thu Aug 19 13:37:00 EDT 1999

    TC> The standard documentation for Perl is found in manpages, not
    TC> on the web.  That's an old copy.

IMO, it's too bad that the standard Perl documentation isn't available
on the web, but what's worse is that out-of-date documentation
apparently /is/!  It would make more sense to either keep the on-line
documentation up-to-date or remove it, and thus avoid confusion as was
found in this thread's original message.

I for one, love the fact that Python's standard documentation is
available in a very easy to browse on-line Web-based format.  It's
also available in other formats, though not Unix manpage style.
That's fine with me because my HTML browser is more convenient for me
to use than my Unix manpage browser.

My kudos go to Fred Drake for the exceptionally high quality of the
Python documentation, and to all contributors who help keep the
content up-to-date.

-Barry