Python on a Novell Netware, Netscape web server

Brad Clements bkc at Murkworks.com
Thu Aug 5 11:00:26 EDT 1999

I am working on a port of Python to NetWare as an NLM. Its still very crude.
I have almost all of the NDS api swig'd for both client-side development and
python.nlm

However the best solution to this is to use UCS (Universal Component
Software) api to interconnect Python with Netbasic, Perl, Netscape and other
services (and vice-versa). I'm still plying Novell to get the necessary
APIs.

Right now this is a NW5 solution (NW4 doesn't support virtual memory, which
could be a problem for Python depending on your application).

Also, I don't have modules working as .lib NLMs yet, so everything must be
precompiled into one giant size python.nlm

Without module finalization, I can't free memory when Python is unloaded,
hence netware complains about unreleased resources.

--
Brad Clements,
bkc at murkworks.com
news:mt2.0-15236-933815857 at news.informatik.uni-bonn.de...