RFC: Viper: yet another python implementation

Robert Kern kernr at mail.ncifcrf.gov
Sun Aug 15 13:12:17 EDT 1999

On Sun, 15 Aug 1999 15:36:39 GMT, skaller at maxtal.com.au (John (Max)
Skaller) wrote:

[snip]

>This last point is the real killer. I have both a Linux and
>NT box. I have no problem with building C modules
>on Linux, but I don't _have_ a compiler on the NT box that
>will build C modules compatible with the Python implementation
>I have. [I have Borland C++, and gcc on the NT box,
>but not MSC, which was used to build my NT based Python]

You can use GCC 2.95 for mingw32
(http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/gcc.html)
to compile Python extensions on NT.  See my page
http://starship.python.net/crew/kernr/mingw32/Notes.html

Such extensions will work with the distributed Python interpreter for
Win32.

[snip]

>John Max Skaller                ph:61-2-96600850
>mailto:skaller at maxtal.com.au       10/1 Toxteth Rd
>http://www.maxtal.com.au/~skaller  Glebe 2037 NSW AUSTRALIA

Robert Kern           |
----------------------|"In the fields of Hell where the grass grows high
This space            | Are the graves of dreams allowed to die."
intentionally         |           - Richard Harter
left blank.           |