Difficulty configuring web server for Python

Nigel Head nhead at houbits.com
Mon Aug 16 11:29:05 EDT 1999

This sounds kind of like it my be an "iserver" setup,  right ?

They do a chroot() so that the path for the python executable should be
/usr/local/bin (ie. remove /usr/home/campusch) from the front of any paths
you use when running from under the web server.

I've fallen foul of this a few times - the telnet login shell isn't at all
representative of the environment scripts actually run in. My setup has a
"virtual" command which runs its arguments in such a chroot'ed environment
to allow testing from the command line.

Nigel.