Using wxPython in Tkinter?

Gordon Williams g_will at cyberus.ca
Fri Dec 3 08:29:27 EST 1999

Hi All,

I have an interface built in Tkinter with a whole bunch of buttons and
other widgets as well as a canvas area where I am doing some plotting (an
oscilloscope application).  I am finding that the plotting is taking too
long using Tkinter because of the number of points in each line.  I would
like to change the plotting aspect to wxPython (or something else of
equivalent speed) but would like to retain the buttons, etc. in Tkinter.
The reason for retaining Tkinter is twofold: because I don't want to have
to rewrite the whole thing; and I make use of check and radio buttons in
depressed button style and these are not available in wxPython (without
some work and complication).

Is it possible that both Tk and wx can co-exist in the same application
with both parts of the interface functioning as they should?

Thanks,

Gordon Williams