Checking for Python modules in autoconf

Andrew Dalke dalke at bioreason.com
Mon Jun 14 13:33:29 EDT 1999

Michael Hudson <mwh21 at cam.ac.uk>
> James Henstridge has written some extensions to automake/autoconf as
> part of his Python GTK+ bindings.

I'm going to finish up my work on Python support in automake, which
will be included in the current development version of automake.  I
haven't seen any contributions in the automake tree from James
Henstridge.

Regardless, I will add a way to test for Python modules using
automake.  Given the way GNU works, please don't send me any code
to be added unless you've sent the copyright disclaimer form to
the FSF.

						Andrew Dalke
						dalke at bioreason.com