Installing ODBC on PythonWin

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Tue Jun 15 10:47:05 EDT 1999

bruises at my-deja.com wrote:

> Before I go wack and take it out on my computer
> like this guy
> (http://www.web42.com/badday/badday_small.mpg)
> did, I'd like to ask for some help.
>
> I'm trying to install an ODBC module into
> PythonWin, but it still *won't* work!
>
> It is written that the ODBC module is included in
> the pythonwin distribution but >>>import ODBC
> says otherwise. I've d/e'd (downloaded/executed)
> Win32, but it died and said that it was looking
> for version 1.4!
>
> I was able to partially install mxODBC by copying
> all the files into the right place but I'm having
> trouble compiling the modules in vc++.

There should be no need to compile the module: the
package comes with a precompiled version. All you have
to do is unzip the archive in e.g. \python\lib and
you're set. If you have the win32 libs installed, be
sure to rename the included odbc.pyd to win32odbc.pyd.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
Y2000:                                                   199 days left