High performance Python on NT

Bruno Mattarollo bmatt at acm.org
Thu Jun 10 23:05:50 EDT 1999

Hi!

	I am about to start a project where I will need to do some high performance
Web CGI scripts on WinNT ... I have no choice ... I know it's not the best
combination. It's not my decision ;-) I am looking for some advice. Is it
better if I use some kind of Active Python Scripting Page (ASP but with
Python)? Or just doing CGI with threads it will be fine... ?

	I know this is a very vague question... I just want to know if someone had
to take a similar decision... The app I will be doing should support several
hundred users connecting to the Web server and doing some serious CGI
activity ... Almost all hits that the server will receive will be scripts.
The hardware is no problem in this case... When can scale up to Quad PII
Xeon with 1GB RAM ... U2W SCSI discs...

	I know exactly what to do in a UNIX env... but I am not sure of the
decision to take regarding win32...

	TIA

/B

Bruno Mattarollo <bmatt at acm.org>