OO (was: Why is tcl broken?)

Fernando Mato Mira matomira at iname.com
Sat Jun 12 13:08:38 EDT 1999

Fernando Mato Mira wrote:

> [For example, I can think the Eiffel syntax is `philosophically' broken, but
> as `infix' syntaxes go, it is not. And it's a good language (I programmed

Actually, it's a _great_ language to learn OO (although of course in the restricted
single-dispatch way most people know about. I like to call that "Subject Oriented").

Occam taught me about concurrency.
Eiffel taught me OO.
CLOS taught me what OO really means.

--

"Object Oriented is to not think only about your `subject' and forget about your
`arguments' - the syntactic objects of your sentence".

Fernando D. Mato Mira
Real-Time SW Eng & Networking
Advanced Systems Engineering Division
CSEM
Jaquet-Droz 1                   email: matomira AT acm DOT org
CH-2007 Neuchatel                 tel:       +41 (32) 720-5157
Switzerland                       FAX:       +41 (32) 720-5720

www.csem.ch      www.vrai.com     ligwww.epfl.ch/matomira.html