I need an Oracle database access module

Doug Hellmann doughellmann at mindspring.com
Mon May 24 12:12:07 EDT 1999

I'm trying to track down a copy of a module I can use to access an
Oracle database on Solaris, without having to rely on ODBC (which the
boss&admins won't install).

Searching on python.org and google.com, I found a variety of references
to DCOracle and oracledb.  I can't get to the page on the Digital
Creations web site referenced by the link to DCOracle because it looks
like the site is being renovated and the page has moved.  The server
that appears to contain oracledb isn't showing up in DNS when I try to
go there (http://alumni.dgs.monash.edu.au/~anthony/oracledb).

Can anyone help?  Do these modules have new homes?  Are they obsolete?

Thanks,
Doug