Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread

Timothy Docker timd at macquarie.com.au
Mon May 3 17:55:31 EDT 1999

> > I was just trouble shooting a problem like this. I was using python.exe and
> > a xxx.pyd. The xxx.pyd had debug turned on and should have been named
> > xxx_d.pyd. When I ran with python_d.exe the "no current thread" error
> > cleared up.
> >
> > If your lucky the Windows and Unix ports have this in common.
>
> Close enough.  This error occurs when an extension module uses a
> python library (libpython1.5.a, python15.lib, python15_d.lib, and so
> on) that is not the one that the interpreter uses.  To eliminate it,
> scan your directories for old libraries and remove them.  Then link
> against The-One-True-Library that the interpreter links against.  You
> can also try a clean install.

Sounds like a reasonable explanation, though I can't really see how
this could have happened in my situation. Can anyone confirm that this
can be the cause of the problem under unix (particularly solaris)? I
have a bad habit of switching off when I see filenames ending in .lib!

Tim Docker                               timd at macquarie.com.au
Quantative Applications Division
Macquarie Bank