Python Scalability

Graham Matthews graham at sloth.math.uga.edu
Thu May 27 10:49:45 EDT 1999

dacut at kanga.org <dacut at kanga.org> wrote:
: >And, frankly, this is all that you really need.  Just something to flag
: >silly errors that may be difficult/tedious to test at run time.
scott cotton (scott at chronis.pobox.com) wrote:
: There are indeed lots of these errors in the development of
: medium/largish python apps.  The approach I've taken is to
: integrate testing with development, on a fine-grained
: level.
: ...
: There are some things you can do to make python more
: scaleable without an entire optional typing system -- though
: that'd be nice too.

Think of the "type comments" as a way of getting Python to do a lot of
the testing for you! Since a lot of people want to do testing it seems
very sensible to centralise a lot of the effort into one tool tied quite
closely to the Python compiler.

graham
--
              Where do you think you're going