Python 2.0

Markus Stenberg mstenber at cc.Helsinki.FI
Mon May 31 03:13:54 EDT 1999

James Logajan <JamesL at Lugoj.Com> writes:
> Darrell wrote:
> > Yet my gut evaluation says Gnome can be quite slow.
> > I'm tempted to blame this on Corba.
> I'm not familiar with Gnome; whose Corba software do they use?

New one, being developed by RH and friends (ORBit),

> > Also does an open source bridge exist between Corba and COM ?
> > Picture a Corba/COM component that lives in UNIX and is
> > callable from Windows. Sort of takes the hot air out of arguments to use
> > NT servers.
> Good question and good point.

I haven't heard good arguments why to use NT servers so far (except two,
obviously: lack of management clue (=NT <-> moderately easy to set up) and
image of NT being 'cheap' server solution)

-Markus

--
 Running Windows on a Pentium is like having a brand new Porsche but
 only be able to drive backwards with the handbrake on.