Python vs. VB

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin at cnri.reston.va.us
Thu May 20 10:45:01 EDT 1999

Fredrik Lundh writes:
>> Use one language for both time intensive execution and for high speed
>> development: Dylan.
>
>looks we've finally got our own scott raney ;-)

	Oh, I don't know; I've been looking at Dylan these days, and
it looks like quite a neat language, mixing dynamicism with optional
static typing.  That's a divide that, as we all know, Python is
thinking about spanning, and Dylan is an interesting solution.  That's
a purely theoretical opinion, though, since I haven't yet found time
to download an actual Dylan implementation and play with it.  (And the
way my schedule is looking, I may never get around to that...)

There is a pleasure sure / In being mad, which none but madmen know.
    -- John Dryden, _The Spanish Friar_, II, i