wheres the HINSTANCE

Mark Hammond MHammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed May 5 02:25:56 EDT 1999

This isnt directly available; however, I believe GetModuleHandle(NULL) will
return this information?  In in almost all cases, you can pass NULL as the
HINSTANCE to refer to the current app.  Indeed, most Pythonwin code can run
outside of Pythonwin.exe (eg, the Pythonwin debugger) so assuming the
particular host is not always a good idea.

win32ui and sys both have a "dllhandle" attribute - these are the HMODULEs
for their respective DLLs.

Why do you need to know?

Mark.