Problem with jpython in Netscape

Magnus L. Hetland mlh at idt.ntnu.no
Mon May 3 14:24:03 EDT 1999

Hi!

I'm using Netscape 4.5-something for FreeBSD and am experiencing a
problem with JPython applets... (Same problem on Solaris). When trying
to view some of the demo applets I get the message that the browser's
implementation of the package java.beans is broken and that a
workaround is instigated... However, this workaround (or downloading
or whatever) takes several minutes!

After this, all the applets are perfectly usable, but this waiting
time makes it impractical to actually make any useful applets with
JPython to run on this platform/browser. Is this a general problem? Is
there a solution?

--

  Magnus
  Lie