popen2 bug?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Mon Nov 22 05:32:22 EST 1999

Li Dongfeng <mavip5 at inet.polyu.edu.hk> wrote:
> After the upgrade I re-installed Python 1.5.2
> but the
>   make test
> failed, reporting
>   test test_popen2 crashed -- exceptions.AssertionError :

this is a known problem with the test program
in 1.5.2.  it's fixed in the CVS repository (iirc, a
patch has been posted to the newsgroup too).

> And my zope product using popen2 also crashed.

with the same error message?  spooky ;-)

(in other words, since this is a known timing
problem in the test program, maybe your pro-
duct has a similar bug?  it's not a python bug,
after all...)

</F>

<!-- (the eff-bot guide to) the standard python library:
-->