Random text generator

Magnus L. Hetland mlh at vier.idi.ntnu.no
Sat Nov 13 11:07:28 EST 1999

"Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> writes:

> Magnus L. Hetland <mlh at vier.idi.ntnu.no> wrote:
> > >    The function you want is whrandom.choice(). See
> >
> > Or - rather, random.choice() (which uses whrandom.choice, if
> > available)... No?
>
> it would probably be a bit clearer (at least to newcomers)
> if "random" is was the official interface, and whrandom was
> treated as an implementation module.

I agree.

> but it doesn't look
> that way in the current version of the library reference...

No... But that's how it *is*, though - right?

>>> import random
>>> random.random
<method whrandom.random of whrandom instance at f2b48>

I-hate-those-names-with-strange-letter-prefixes'ly yours,

Magnus

--

  Magnus          Echelon jamming noise:
  Lie             FBI CIA NSA Handgun Assault Bomb Drug Terrorism