Beginning programming with Python

Pieter Nagel pnagel at tbs.co.za
Thu Nov 18 05:30:23 EST 1999

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, Nemeth Miklos wrote:

> I am neither a physicist nor a mathematician, I am a simple business software
> engineer. I like Python but I'd like to be convinced that Python is not only
> for scientific programming, but also for business programming.

Strange, I see things the other way around.

I think Python is great for business software, but I would think that
the scientific community would need some convincing that Python is
good for scientific software too.

Of course, to me, scientific software conjures up images of
mathematic-intense software. Stuff like Fortran and Matlab.

Or intensely paralel weather-prediction software written in C running
on Beowulf clusters.

Hmm. Even in *that* scenario python would be great for tying the
whole together, even if the C code is responsible for the actual
megaflops.

--
     ,_

    Tangible Business Software