XPython (X11)

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 30 01:59:15 EST 1999

Rob Hodges <s323140 at student.uq.edu.au> wrote:
> bernhard at alpha1.csd.uwm.edu (Bernhard Reiter) writes:

> I'm struggling a bit to understand why you say that in this context.
> I can't speak for pyKDE (although I imagine the situation is the
> same), but developing with pyGnome doesn't imply a 'tying' to Gnome;
> only that the Gnome libs must be available in addition to the GTK libs
> -- just as you must have wxwin in addition to GTK to run wxpython
> apps.  One advantage of PyGnome over straight PyGtk is that it offers
> the Gnome Canvas widget, which can be useful whether the user is
> running Gnome or not.

Likewise, one of the strong points of PyKDE is the KHTMLView widget,
which can be put to good use in a lot of applications. And I like
things like global key accelerators. Anyway, any app where you can't
easily substitute one gui for another has some design flaws.

--

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://denden.conlang.org