PythonWin rebuild problem

Grant lame.adress at munger.edu
Thu Oct 21 10:23:05 EDT 1999

Robin Becker wrote:

> In article <380E401B.4419BFC at munger.edu>, Grant <lame.adress at munger.edu>
> writes
> >I've had trouble rebuilding PythonWin using Visual C++ v6.0.  I get
> >the following error message:

> >     LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc42.lib"

> >Anybody know how to fix it?

> I have VC++ 6.0 and it definitely has this file inside
> C:\program files\Microsoft\Visual Studio\VC98\MFC\lib
>
> have you installed VC++ 6.0 everything properly.

That's a good suggestion: mfc42.lib isn't anywhere within my installation.
However, VC++ has always worked fine for me in building "Console
Applications", if that proves anything.

Perhaps another symptom is that when I try to rebuild Python itself, I get:

   LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "MSVCRTD.lib"

which also isn't anywhere in my installation.

Perhaps I need to install VC++ 6.0 with a different set of installation
options.  Anybody know which options?

Alternatively, I might be able to substitute some other libraries.  However,
after doing a lot of hunting and grepping, I haven't been able to track
where these things are called out in the project files.  Anybody know?

thanks much,

-Grant