position on the screen

Greg McFarlane gregm at iname.com
Wed Sep 1 07:44:13 EDT 1999

On 31 Aug, Xana wrote:
> I'm working with PythonMegaWidgets and i have a problem using
> Pwm.dialog boxes.
> Can anyone tell me if  (and how) I can define the position in wich the
> window will appear in the screen ?

You can use the same methods as any Tkinter.Toplevel. For example:

    import Pmw
    d = Pmw.Dialog(buttons = ('Yes', 'No', 'Dunno'))
    d.geometry('+400+400')

will position the dialog window 400 pixels down and across from the
top left corner of the screen.

If you want to display the dialog modally (ie:  disallow any user
inputs except to the dialog), use the activate method with the
geometry option.  For example,

    d.activate(geometry = '+400+400')

See the Pmw.MegaToplevel manual page for the full story.

Greg McFarlane     INMS Telstra Australia     gregm at iname.com