Text UI

William Tanksley wtanksle at dolphin.openprojects.net
Sat Sep 11 01:16:19 EDT 1999

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999 21:10:16 -0700, Robin Dunn wrote:

>Mike Steed <MSteed at altiris.com> wrote in message

>> One possibility worth investigating is wxWindows, which includes a curses
>> port.  I have not used the curses port, nor I do not know whether the
>> Python interface will work with it....

>> wxWindows: http://www.wxwindows.org/
>> wxPython: http://alldunn.com/wxPython/

>It doesn't.  The curses port was only for wxWindows 1.x, and if I remember
>correctly it was never quite finished.  The current wxPython is just for
>wxWindows 2.x.

The COOL thing is that according to the "supported platforms" page, Curses
is being ported back into 2.0.  Who knows what that means, but there's
some hope...

>In the Python sources, in the Modules directory there is a module for
>ncurses that can be built.

That's cool.  It would be nice to have a standard Python text mode
interface (wxPython would be the best imaginable ;-).

--
-William "Billy" Tanksley