New to Python...looking for scripting language

Bill Wilkinson yopen at my-Deja.com
Sat Sep 4 12:35:42 EDT 1999

Python is one of the languages that works with the Windows Scripting Host.
It exposes several objects that are quite handy for doing the things you
want.  There is a File System Object and such like.  WSH will be built in to
Win2000, but for now it is a seperate download....  (I am not sure, but it
might be included with the Pythonwin files)

Also, using Pythonwin you can do some of the things you mention easily
without the WSH.
In my opinion, Python is ideal for NT scripting.  I use it for all my admin
scripts.

Bill Wilkinson
news:37D12E9D.EDB193B8 at patriot.net...