New to Python...looking for scripting language

Harlan Carvey, CISSP carvdawg at patriot.net
Sat Sep 4 10:37:17 EDT 1999

Hey all,

I am looking for a scripting language for NT environments.  I am NOT
trying
to start a language war.

I have been to the Python.org site quite a bit, and haven't found what I
am looking
for, so I will post here.

With Python, can I:
- access the Registry (get, and set values, create keys, etc)?
- access the services (get a list of running services)?
- access the audit policy (get and set that policy)?
- search for files on the remote hard drive?
- access permissions on the remote system?

I haven't seen modules that allow this...nor have I seen example
scripts.  I am not
a MS/C++ programmer, and I want to be able to leave scripts for
sysadmins who
aren't either.  They need to be able to maintain the scripts.

Thanks,

H. Carvey