Building packages with NT port of Python

Bob Kline bobklin at idt.net
Sat Sep 11 14:57:58 EDT 1999

Robert Kern <kernr at mail.ncifcrf.gov> wrote:

> To build extension modules, you will need a C compiler.

Oh, I've got lots of those.  That wasn't one of the things that
was missing. :->}

> You will then have to do most of the things in build.py manually.

Well, that certainly wasn't an overstatement. :->}  Thanks for your
pointers.  I gathered together all the missing pieces, modified
the scripts and source code as necessary, and got the module built
and installed successfully.  By the way, the link in your message
for David Ascher's script was broken.  Here's a URL that works:

    http://starship.python.net:9673/crew/da/Code/compile/

I've sent the modified scripts and sources to the author of the
MySQLdb module, so that he can include Win32 support with his
distribution.

Thanks again for your tips.

Bob Kline
mailto:bkline at rksystems.com