Numeric Python and threads

Victor S. Miller victor at idaccr.org
Thu Sep 16 10:29:10 EDT 1999

I've built Python 1.5.2 on a Solaris 2.6 system with GCC 2.8.1,
enabling threads, Tkinter, and installed Numeric Python.  However,
When I run some of the demo programs in NumTut I seem to hang up in
some very strange places.  For example, if I fire up Python and then

import view
import testview
testview.x

This hangs up.  Are there any suggestions as to how I can track down
this problem.  It got even worse in another version of python that I
built enabling gnu readline.  Now, if I run view on any array, the
next time I type a line interactively, python freezes up after about 3
or 4 characters.
--
Victor S. Miller     | " ... Meanwhile, those of us who can compute can hardly
victor at idaccr.org    | be expected to keep writing papers saying 'I can do the