Python Origins

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Sat Dec 9 19:29:45 EST 2000

In article <90uddk$31f at gap.cco.caltech.edu>, Nathaniel Gray
<nospam at caltech.edu> wrote:

> Tim May wrote:
>
> > I did some work on simulated annealing while at Intel, which is why I
> > commented in the SA thread.
>
> Wow.  I hadn't even noticed it was the same person.  This one's even
> worse.
>  Just out of curiosity, why did you bother to take the time to do a
>  google
> search just to castigate the original poster in that thread?

Notice how you're the one fanning the flames in these threads?

Like many fuzzy do-gooders, you preach "why can't we all just get
along?", but in actuality you spread poison.

> He didn't ask you to do a search.  He asked if anybody had solved the
> problem and would be willing to share their code.  He was quite polite,
> and
> even explicitly stated that he'd already searched dejanews and
> python.org.
> What exactly did you take issue with?  Did he use the wrong search engine
> for your tastes?

He has expressed happiness that he could find 1200 references, many of
them applicable, to Python and simulated annelaing by using a better
search engine.

I didn't see _you_ providing any help, either in that thread or in this
"Python origins" thread. Your role is apparently just to join in later
and argue for niceness.

You remind me of Alan Dershowitz.

--Tim May

"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.