controlling crashing Win9X apps ?

Gregor Hoffleit gregor at mediasupervision.de
Tue Dec 5 08:32:09 EST 2000

Hi,

luckily enough, I don't have profound experiences with Windows, but now I'm
at the point where I have a Python script that walks down a directory tree
and for each file calls a Win32 command line executable via os.system().

That all works well, but for a few files in the tree, the executable will
crash and opens open up a modal panel ('close' or 'details') that blocks the
script until I close a window (to be exact, the Win32 exe subsequently calls
a few other exe's, and one of those crashes and blocks).

Does Python on Win32 allow for some kind of process control that allows me
to catch those errors and work around them ?

    Gregor