Plan9 port of python

Meowbot from Outer Space meowbot at meowing.net
Wed Dec 13 05:55:02 EST 2000

> I had heard of Plan9 briefly a couple of years ago.  I'm just
> wondering who has/uses Plan9.

Most Plan 9 installations are currently found in academentia, this
being an artifact of Lucent's licensing terms up to this year.  The
no-charge source distribution from Bell Labs and reasonably priced
shrinkwrap packages only appeared *very* recently, so the OS is still
somewhat obscure.  It also emphasizes cluster-ish distributed
environments more than standalone systems, though it will run without
the dedicated file and compute swervers mentioned so prominently in
the press releases.

RMS hates the license, so the deeply religious may wish to avert their
eyes.

Plan 9 FAQ: <URL:http://www.fywss.com/plan9/>

Newsgroup: <URL:news:comp.os.plan9>