Newbie question on 'cmpfiles':

Dave Brueck dbrueck at edgix.com
Tue Dec 5 09:48:22 EST 2000

Hi Hari,
I haven't really used this module, so this may not help too much:

common is a list of filenames that exist in both directories. Depending on
what you need, maybe you shouldn't call that function at all (instead use
filecmp.cmp to compare two files, and create a filecmp.dircmp object to
compare the contents of two directories).

HTH,
Dave