Moving from Perl to Python

Tim Hammerquist tim at degree.ath.cx
Thu Dec 14 20:24:42 EST 2000

Richard Zilavec <rzilavec at tcn.net> wrote:
> I hope I enjoy it.  I don't think I will ever stop using Perl.. but I
> really need something new.

That was my conclusion as well.  I love using Python, but will never
drop Perl completely.  (Some people on this NG are still a bit bitter
about this, but hey...)

> >There are some posts by Tom Christiansen to this group that you can find
> >on Deja about Perl v Python, those may be useful.
>
> I found this article at perl.com, it was quite good.

I really enjoyed this article when I read it as well.  This and the
mention in _Advanced Perl Programming_ that the author's favorite OO
language is Python, convinced me to try it.  ...  Too bad this dual
advocacy doesn't work both ways.

--
-Tim Hammerquist <timmy at cpan.org>
The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye.