Tkinter and threads

Oded Shaham oded_sha at netvision.net.il
Sat Jan 29 15:12:09 EST 2000

Hi,
I want to use a Tk GUI for display, that is, have other threads run and
display various results using a Tk window. the problem is that whenever
Tk starts its mainloop, either on the main thread or on a seperate
thread, all other threads are immediately stopped (or to be more
precise, suspended until the mainloop exits). As far as I can see, the
only way to make things happen, once Tk is up, is through actions of Tk
components (buttons, for example).

Any ideas of how to solve this ? (will be most welcome !)

Thanks
Oded