CGI and Python

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Sat Jan 22 00:19:41 EST 2000

In article <86apvo$qie$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,  <yduchesne at my-deja.com> wrote:
			.
>a) I know there are a couple of modules out there that make embedding
>Python into Apache possible; does this allow for a programmer to have
>Python objects residing in the server's process (i.e. as for Java
>servlets) - and be accessible to all Python scripts running on the
>server? Can a python "servlet" access other python "servlets"?
Yes and no--some of each.

>c) How is embedded (in Apache) Python performance? Does it compare to
>mod_perl or Java servlets?
Yesssss ...  In fact, my own experience with
server-side Python showed it measurably slower
than corresponding Perl and Java work, but I
know there are domains where it's faster.
General conclusion:  Python is fast enough.

>d) I would like someone(s) to come back to me and tell me about what
>module they recommend - PCGI, PyApchache...(please, some -even
>telegraphic style- explanations would be appreciated)
Whenever I can make time, I push <URL:http://
starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/comp.lang.python/web_python.html>
in the direction of answering these questions.
			.
			.
			.
--