Q: Client-server architecture

Olivier Dagenais olivierS.dagenaisP at canadaA.comM
Tue Jul 4 22:52:39 EDT 2000

What modules [or references] are there that explain or implement
simultaneous, __secure__ operations on a server?

I looked through http://www.python.org/topics/web/  and it seems to only
cover HTTP, not HTTPS (using SSL or some other, secure protocol).

I want to implement seemingly concurrent, remote database access and if I
can queue the requests to the server, the server could then process
requests, one at a time, and then "call back" each client with the results.

I'm thinking I don't want to write the server side software using a CGI
script, since the database package I'm looking into using (Gadfly) isn't
designed for concurrent access, unless I don't understand how CGI works and
it is synchronous?  (I have only written very simple CGI scripts in Perl and
C, so I'm sort of new to this)

Any help (including corrections in my thinking of CGI or hints on handling
many, simultaneous requests) would be appreciated.  I'd like to write both
the client and the server in Python.

Thanks!