MAPI/COM: where is the server?

Grant Edwards ge at nowhere.none
Thu Jul 6 10:31:36 EDT 2000

In article <8k21em$42j$1 at supernews.com>, Dale Strickland-Clark wrote:

>You are talking Exchange, if it's available, or to a local copy
>of your data if it's not and if you have offline mode enabled.
>
>Either way, you are using CDO.DLL and probably talking to a
>service called MAPISP32 - although you are stretching my
>knowledge at this point. As I understand it, MAPISP32 decides
>where the request ultimately ends up.

Ah. The "server" I'm talking to is actually the DLL on the
local machine.  So even if I had COM for Linux (and it worked),
I'd still have to talk to the DLL on the Win95 machine which
would then get my e-mail from Exchange Server.  If I still have
to have that Win95 machine running, I might as well just leave
the Python program on it.

>I'd be very surprised if you could get this to work on anything
>other than Win32.

That's what I was afraid of.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Is a tattoo
                                  at               real, like a curb or a