How to prevent a web client from timing out

Alexis Iglauer aiglauer at iname.com
Mon Jun 5 15:52:20 EDT 2000

The job is different every time, so a cron solution wouldn't work.  The
problem is that when the client times out the server kills the python
process doing the number crunching, so it can't mail the result to the user
either (that is a good idea though, hadn't thought of that).

So how do I stop apache from killing the process?  How well does xmlrpc work
in the real world?

Thanx
Alexis

The problem I seem to have is that