Python COM Server Type Library

Charles Medcoff cmedcoff at my-deja.com
Fri Jun 30 09:51:23 EDT 2000

> As Mark said it cant be done automatically, but you can always create
> the type library by hand.
>
> Toby Dickenson
> tdickenson at geminidataloggers.com

Perhaps I've overlooked the obvious.  I guess you are suggesting that I
just type up the IDL and compile the type library.  That seems like it
should work.  I've done with for components I've written in C++/ATL
enough.

That gives me an idea.  Wouldn't it be nice to have a utility that you
could point at a type library and would generate a python script to
implement those components defined in the the library (with stubbed
methods of course).  I wonder if the pyhton win32 extensions expose
enought of the win32 api to do this?

--
Charles Medcoff
Senior Systems Engineer