Um? *boggle* Silly question about listobject.c

Marc Christiansen tolot at utolot.toppoint.de
Sun Jun 4 15:03:05 EDT 2000

Tim <tim_one at email.msn.com> wrote:

> of type size_t, but that won't happen in time for 1.6.  In the meantime, if
> you really need lists with more than 2 billion elements, your hardware
> budget is so large you can afford to pay someone to patch you up a custom
> Python <wink>.

What makes you sure, that sizeof(int)==4?

-- spam.c --
#include <limits.h>
#include <stdio.h>

int main(void)
{
  printf("%d %d %d\n",sizeof(short),sizeof(int),INT_MAX);
  return 0;
}
-- EOF --

(0;0)13.SRam:> spam

(Ok, I admit using a switch to get short==int ;-)

There-are-sizeof(int)!=4-systems-ly y'rs
 Marc