python & excel and 1 remark

Sam scorder at incigna.com
Fri Jun 23 11:53:25 EDT 2000

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000 12:34:10 +0200, Cedric Lefeuvre
<Cedric.Lefeuvre at tcomhp43.epfl.ch> wrote:

>Richard Chamberlain wrote:
>
>> Hi Cedric,
>>
>> It's possible to generate an excel file using win32com
>> extensions on a windows box. Get the extensions and a bit of
>> documentation at:
>>
>> http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/
>>
>> You might want to pick up a copy of Python Programming on Win 32
>> By Mark Hammond, Andy Robinson which has a chapter on this very
>> subject.
>>
>> Richard
>>

>Ok,Richard, but without using python on windows system????
If you don't care about formulas and formatting then you can generate
a csv (comma  seperated value) file pretty easily.  On windows csv's
are even associated with excel so all you have to do is double click
on it.  Otherwise you may look into KSpread from the KOffice suite.  I
believe they are using python as their scripting language.  I don't
know if the filters are in place yet though.

-Sam