"dlist" -- beta is ready

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Mon Jun 5 01:54:50 EDT 2000

I have a functioning implementation of my "dlist":
an ADT which is a vector similar to python's list,
with the addition of a buffer zone on the front as
well as the back. This gives the vector O(1)+k
performance on add/remove from both the head and
the tail, while maintaining constant time for random
access (with a small additional constant cost of
tracking a virtual index).

The implementation seems stable, and is passing
a small test suite I've written, so I think it works.

There are three items which I will finish soon
(perhaps sooner if someone asks for them):

1. sorting; probably shouldn't be too hard to add
   in Guido's/Tim's binarysort/sample sort code.

2. reversing.

3. invariant structures, in conjunction with 1.

This is a VC98 project, intended to compile/run
on windows platforms, although it could with some
small mods work on unix platforms with equal ease.

Simply request the source, and I'll send you a
copy of the whole project dir, including the small
test suite I have.

C/