Problem compiling source

William Dandreta wjdandreta at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jun 9 01:14:33 EDT 2000

This is the first time I have tried to post a message to a news group. I
hope it works.

I am trying to compile python 1.5.2 for DOS using Borland's C++ 4.5
compiler. I have run across the following problem:

off_t offset;

gives an error message
256: Undefined symbol 'off_t' in function file_seek

The problem seems to be that off_t is only defined if __FLAT__ is defined.

While __FLAT__ appears in many Borland C header files, I cannot find the one
where __FLAT__ is defined.

Can anyone tell me what __FLAT__ is for and which header it is defined in?

Bill Dandreta