Why not a "Deluxe" Python-distribution

Jason Cunliffe jasonic at nomadicsltd.com
Wed Jun 7 13:17:09 EDT 2000

Yes, thanks for http://www.pythonware.com/downloads.htm#py152

A Deluxe pre-compiled Python is an excellent idea.
In a pragmatic sense,  I honestly think this is what step#1 of CP4E must
be..

Just give people one large super useful download without headaches which
will let them do lots of stuff right from the start. Many people who would
rather have a big initial download and then be able explore the abundance
and power without confusion. Of course full docs and examples are a good
idea too.
For those with decent bandwidth [DSL etc], the size is not an issue.
For those who do not have bandwidth they other options - for example I would
be quite happy to make DeluxePython CD's for people as long as they cover
the modest cost of materials, postage, and doingit.

-Jason

Jason CUNLIFFE = NOMADICS.(Interactive Art and Technology).Design Director

news:Pine.LNX.4.21.0006071336230.23668-100000 at fep132.fep.ru...

phd at phd.russ.ru