Pythonwin is terrible!

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Sun Jun 11 09:44:15 EDT 2000

Mark Hammond <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote:
> "Boudewijn Rempt" <boud at rempt.xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> news:8hrhqa$afm$1 at news1.xs4all.nl...

>> The lookups aren't that great - they only find what you've already used
>> in that file. I'd like loopup to look in every file that's included for
>> completion. But I'm not going to complain - it's good for my memory not
>> to have it ;-).

> This is amazingly hard to do correctly - and the hard bits are not related
> to Pythonwin!

I know ;-). I tend to write very simple code, though, where there's
almost always a sequence of

class myClass:
 def xyz(self, a, b, c):

class mySecondClass:

  def __init__(self):
	  self.x=myClass()
		self.x.xyz('a','b','c')

For those cases it should be doable, but when I spread out and add a
second base-class runtime to the base class of the classes I'm going to
instantiate, well, I can't imagine a way to reliably and quickly find
all the possible lookups ;-).

--

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.valdyas.org