OT: nederlands (Ans something else).

Pablo Prieto pablo.prieto at dulcesol.es
Wed Jun 7 14:53:39 EDT 2000

Konrad Hinsen escribió:

> ben at co.and.co writes:
>
> > Konrad Hinsen <hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr> wrote:
> >
> > > Er zijn dus merdere rationale verklaringen, dus geen behoefte om
> >               ^^^^^^^
> >   Toch nog een beetje een franstalige tongval :-).
>
> Merde!  ;-)

You have translated very briefly, haven't you?
Well, I'm gonna make a little question:

In VB (Please, put the knife down!) I can use an object called Printer.
Well...
I've made a pretty class with this methods (some of them, and translated
to Python and English)

def setBold(value):

def setItalic(value):

def print (text,x,y):

def newPage():

and so on.

Is there a module or something that I could do this with python?. I
guess in VB, Printer is an interfaz to the printer, so could be
Windows-dependent, but doesn't matter (yet).
I use this for generating reports not seen in screen (So wxPython (great
package, I say!) facilities are not considered, 'cos I don't want to
print the contents of a widget but lines generated from the program).

A brief point of view: The indent-sensitive of Python look nice for me,
and I've got fellows here that indent in "their way", so that will help
very much.
But when I copy-paste examples in the middle of I get
not-really-very-clear messages 'cos I've messed tabs and whitespaces.
Well, and I guess:
Shouldn't be the interpreter more WSYISYG-related?, I mean, to translate
tabs for whitespaces. A example:
My favourite editor can understand that 3 whitespaces in line number n
are the same as a TAB in the line n+1, and puts the two lines begining
in the same column.
I know, you guess, how can the interpreter to know how much whitespaces
is a TAB?. But if you could tell it by meant a flag, or in a config
file..., at least, I always use the same number of whitespaces for a TAB
(3, in case you are wondering). And my fellows would use it, I'm sure
;).

That's the end of the point of view.

Let Python bites you! (That's free for the marketing stuff, er...Please
forgive my english).

Pablo.