Python design philosophy

Grant Edwards ge at nowhere.none
Fri Jun 30 11:01:40 EDT 2000

In article <slrn8lp673.u8u.thomas at centurion.xs4all.nl>, Thomas Wouters wrote:

>Of course, like the early bicycles, very few of us would
>actually recognize the OS, the language or the hardware if they
>didn't have museumtags attached ;-)
>
>(I saw an old PDP-11 used as a telco-switch in a museum a few
>months back;)

Ouch.  The first major design project I worked on was
hardware/firmware for 800MHz radios for cellular telephone
systems.  The software development for the radios (Z8000
processors) was being done on a PDP-11 host.

My first trip to a customer site was an installtion where they
were designing a cellular system with PDP-11s as the switch
processors.

Damn I'm getting old.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  But they went to MARS
                                  at               around 1953!!